Keynote Announces Day One Support for Testing Apple iOS 8 Apps
Developers and QA Teams Ensure the Digital Experience with Comprehensive Cloud-Testing and Monitoring Solution
SAN MATEO, CA — SEPTEMBER 10, 2014 — Keynote, the global leader in mobile and web performance management and analytics, today announced the immediate availability of iOS 8 devices within Keynote’s mobile device cloud.
App developers’ top concern is delivering an amazing user experience. With the launch of iOS 8, it is critical that existing apps continue to work as expected and that developers can capitalize on the new iOS 8 features and APIs. Keynote is the only mobile device cloud provider allowing developers and QA teams to test apps on real devices on the day the new mobile OS is released.
Keynote offers a broad range of support to prepare for iOS 8:
- Device support for the Apple iPhone 4s, 5, 5S, 5C; second, third and fourth generation iPads; iPad Air as well as the iPad mini; all running iOS 8.
- Testing the new multi-tasking interface in iOS 8 across multiple devices in the cloud.
- Guidance on how to test new features such as Sharing Options, Photo Editing and Interactive Notification Center.
- Testing and interacting with new HealthKit and Health App.
- Best practices for early and ongoing testing and monitoring of iOS 8 apps, including how to build automated functional testing into the build cycle.
“Testing and monitoring apps across the growing number of devices and form factors is challenging enough. Adding in the speed with which consumers upgrade their OS and devices makes delivering a great consumer experience even more difficult to achieve consistently,“ said Jonathan Rende, executive vice president of products and marketing at Keynote. “iOS 8 will require developers to have access to the devices with the new OS immediately to regression test existing apps. With Keynote, developers can rest assured that they have a partner who understands the challenges of mobility.”
Keynote is planning support for the following Apple devices: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch as well as Apple Pay.
For further details visit the Keynote blog.
To start testing today, go to www.keynote.com/forms/mobile-testing-trial
Keynote is the global leader in cloud–based testing, monitoring and analytics for mobile and web, optimizing the value of every digital interaction, enhancing user experience and driving business value through online performance. The company runs the world’s largest cloud testing, monitoring and analytics network in the world and collects over 700 million mobile and website performance measurements daily. In 2012 Keynote, a Thoma Bravo portfolio company, was recognized by Forbes Magazine as “One of the Best 100 Companies in America.”