This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | August 28, 2015
Apple’s big September reveal; IT has a mobile app development problem; The new battle of the CIO; Cloud first is the new norm; The evolution of the IT organization
- It’s that time of year again: September is here and Apple has a big event coming up in San Francisco. The Apple-obsessed are crossing their fingers for a new iPhone, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Mobile apps are the norm in today’s world, but a new study found that over half of IT pros have never built a mobile app. The problem? The inability to keep up with changing technology and development practices, a lack of tools and a lack of time. Hey guys, we can help!
- CIO’s are fighting a new battle in the face of the digital transformation, but it’s one they can win. This year’s State of the CIO found there was bigger focus on business strategy among CIOs – but they need the right support from the rest of the C-suite.
- “Cloud first” is a phrase you should probably get used to hearing. New research from IDC predicts 70 percent of organizations will adopt a cloud first strategy by 2016, but it’s not an easy journey. Maintaining solid development and hybrid cloud strategies will be critical to success.
- Digital transformation is requiring IT departments to rethink the way they’re operating. IDG recommends hybrid IT management strategies, meaning that IT operations will be run by a combination of internal teams, MSPs and trusted consultants.