This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | December 18, 2015
Ticketmaster can’t handle Adele fans; IT professionals still struggle with APM; DevOps needs clarification; App developers have gone overboard; Mobile commerce requires preparation
- There are a lot of sad Adele fans—and not because they’ve listened to Someone Like You one too many times. Ticketmaster’s choice to release all Adele tickets at once led to glacial loading speeds and error messages due to the hoards of feverish fans rushing the website and then to Twitter to express their frustration.
- Uh oh! According to a new survey of IT professionals, a third of respondents still wait for end user complaints to identify performance issues. I bet they could use a tool that could help them out there (we have an idea…)
- Have you been using DevOps and Agile Development as synonyms? What role does automation play in the development practice? Is DevOps even a practice or is it more of a tool? IT needs to clarify the term before rushing to implement it.
- Sometimes less is more: the desire to build more and more complex applications and other technologies has gotten in the way of lean IT deployment, which in many instances can impact performance.
- Brands need to be able to reach customers wherever they are, and increasingly that’s mobile. Regular testing and personalization based on analytics can help prepare retailers for mobile shoppers.