This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | July 24, 2015
Coping with complicated apps; How to stay in the Fortune 500; Tips for mobile app success; Apps for the enterprise; DevOps and patience can coexist
- Applications used to be so simple, remembers Forbes’ Kurt Marko. Today’s complex apps require agile testing strategies that require organizations to bridge the gap between development and operations.
- Since 2000, 40% of companies in the Fortune 500 weren’t willing to embrace the digital revolution and have since fallen out of the rankings. The solution to avoiding Digital Darwinism is to employ digital strategies and make sure the organization is ready to evolve at a moment’s notice.
- Forbes has some advice for companies looking to survive the mobile revolution with 6 strategies that developers can implement to reach mobile app success.
- Developing apps for the enterprise is shaping up to be an exploding market in the coming years. Search Software Quality has some advice for creating apps for the enterprise market; not surprisingly, one of the most important things you can do during development is, you guessed it, testing.
- App development today is all about speed, whereas testing requires repetition and patience. How can the two strategies coexist? App Developer Magazine advised DevOps teams to embrace a continuous testing philosophy.