This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | July 31, 2015
Retail App Performance Affects Sales; DevOps and Continuous Testing; UX brings APM to the boardroom; Design vs. Development; Adapting for a Slower Internet
- Retailers, make sure your apps are running smoothly. More than 58% or retailers told Forrester that sales are moderately or highly impacted by negative mobile app performance according to Forbes.
- Looking to improve your DevOps projects? Tech Republic has a breakdown of ten best practices for greater success. High on the list? Continuous Testing.
- Quantifying quality gets executive buy-in for app performance. Being able to present metrics and specific weak points goes a long way toward convincing board members that investing in app development is the way to go.
- Complex app design can sometimes lead to performance issues. TechCrunch recently reported on the conflict between design and app development. The key to avoid these issues is to test your apps early and often. Waiting until the app is already in the App Store can prove to be very costly.
- Instant Internet access at our fingertips is becoming increasingly important. Between financial transactions and advances in mobile health, high-speed Internet is important. APM Digest has some bad news – the Internet is getting slower. Between streaming video and higher image quality demands the Internet has be straining lately. Testing and optimizing websites and applications can go a long way towards adapting to this challenge.