This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | June 12, 2015
Application performance monitoring drives business; Apple; WWDC; DevOps; CIOs; Millennials; Website Performance, Apps, and IT.
- Digital transformation has CIOs and IT pros feeling pressure to keep up. DevOps solves that problem efficiently, says Stephen Elliot of IDC.
- Big news this week from Apple. The company held their annual World Wide Developer Conference and revealed significant new updates.
- According to a new Forrester study, companies view development as a costly part of product launches. Application testing is an important way for companies to ensure they are getting the most bang for their buck.
- Developers are beginning to focus more on the Apple Watch and coming up with unique apps in the process. This week, eBay launched an auction-tracking app with glanceable interactions.
- Richard Harris at App Developer Magazine announced that the App Quality Alliance had reached new testing criteria for Android. Make sure your apps are up to performance standards.
- Nine out of 10 millennials are always carrying their smart phones with them. Quartz recently reported on this and other interesting mobile statistics that confirm the importance of mobile app performance testing.