This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | May 29, 2015
Application performance monitoring drives business; 20 factors that impact website response time; CIO; Digital Transformation; Avoidable performance testing mistakes, Apps, and IT.
- Training and bug reporting should be a part of every app says Jon Udell of InfoWorld. I couldn’t agree more.
- Applications are evolving at a blistering rate, don’t forget to take time to get the basics right. TechBeacon provides a list of the top 10 totally avoidable performance-testing mistakes.
- In order to stay relevant CIOs need to work with IT to support business initiatives. Michael Krigsman of ZDNet lays out how the digital transformation promises a golden age of IT for CIOs who build the people, competencies and processes need to get the right things done fast.
- IT leaders are being told that digital transformation is the top technology priority this year, but most CEOs don't think their CIO is up to the task. A new study from Harvard Business Review found that less than a quarter of business leaders believe the CIO is adequately preparing their organization for a digital technology-driven future.
- APM Digest has been counting down the 20 top factors that impact website response time. Number 1? Complexity. APM testing can help organizations identify problems in website response time.
- Is DevOps dead? Not even close reports Ben Kepes at Forbes. The combination of development and monitoring is too useful for aligning IT and business interests Kepes says. This young discipline is “newly born and growing up fast.”