This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | November 6, 2015
Unmonitored containers run rampant; Visibility issues result in confusion; Developers must monitor performance; Inter-team collaboration is a rarity; Holiday shoppers turn to mobile
- Sacrificing performance for convenience will only leave you with more headaches in the future. As ease of deployment is reportedly users’ primary concern, the majority of deployed containers are left unmonitored, setting the stage for inefficiency and frustration down the road.
- Is your IT department playing a game of “not it”? Lack of visibility into applications muddles responsibilities and makes it difficult to find the root of performance issues.
- Performance management is a non-negotiable. Identifying bottlenecks and providing comprehensive analysis through monitoring tools is now requirement for app developers.
- The stranger next door: they may work on the same app, but development teams can be so fragmented that different departments don’t even communicate with one another.
- We may still be a couple months away from the winter holidays, but online retailers are already planning for a new wave of mobile shoppers. With consumers using their smartphone to check prices and look for coupons and loyalty programs on top of making mobile purchases, it seems like ecommerce is going to be as busy as Santa this year!