This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | November 13, 2015
Test before transitioning to Windows 10; Don’t neglect mobile webpages; Companies must make web pages leaner; Consider performance when choosing an app architecture; Mobile is taking over the morning coffee run
- Thinking about migrating to Windows 10? Make sure to perform significant testing, including tracking app performance, before the transition. After all, you wouldn’t run a marathon without proper training, right?
- App performance is key to gaining and retaining customers, but don’t forget about your mobile webpages! Companies need to ensure that they provide a positive user experience for all mobile users.
- We all put on a few extra pounds over the holidays, but there’s no excuse for the excess fat on websites these days. Use APM tools to identify where websites should cut bloat and what aspects are truly vital.
- When building an app, it’s always important to weigh the pros and cons of any approach. While the ease of testing and debugging of monolithic applications has become popular, the performance benefits of microservice architecture, especially when handling a large number of users, may be worth the extra work.
- Did you pay for your Pumpkin Spice Latte with your phone this morning? You’re not alone! Starbucks reports that they had $1.03 billion in mobile sales last quarter, making up 21% of their revenue.