This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | October 16, 2015
Apps need constant attention; Enterprise and consumer are one & the same; UX should guide app development methods; APM is a wise investment; Beta testing can catch big issues
- Don’t leave your apps—or your users—out to dry. As important as pre-launch testing is, applications require constant performance and analytics monitoring to ensure that UX remains high.
- Most people think of enterprise and consumer as separate entities, but that line is blurring. Users are now bringing enterprise apps into their everyday lives, just as companies are finding enterprise uses for consumer apps.
- How should IT professionals decide what mobile app development method to use? Rather than buying into the “native v. Web” debate, put a premium on use case and user experience.
- The price of app development can be hard to swallow. To make the expense worthwhile, it’s important to invest in extensive testing and APM solutions so you aren’t left with a dud.
- Another way to avoid a useless app? Putting an app through beta testing gives developers a chance to identify issues, work out kinks, and see what alienates users (ahem…performance problems).