This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | October 23, 2015
Star Wars breaks the Internet; Performance problems push innovation; App performance worries IT; iOS 9.1 improves speeds & reliability; Don’t underestimate the relevance of IT
- The Force was not with digital ticket sellers during the Star Wars: The Force Awakens pre-sale launch. Ticket buying websites and apps suffered serious performance issues under the rush of user traffic.
- Forget about princesses and knights in shining armor: performance issues and the frustration of producing unreliable apps are the main characters in this tale of the rise of DevOps and agile development.
- Wondering what keeps IT professionals up at night? While security concerns still top the list, application performance monitoring presents significant challenges for IT as well.
- If you were disappointed in iOS 9’s bugs and slow loading speeds—never fear! Apple addressed its performance issues in iOS version 9.1. You may all go back to obsessively checking Snapchat now.
- What’s lurking in the shadows? IT departments are more important than ever to ensure app performance and security in the face of shadow IT.