This Week in Digital Performance
By Celeste Malia | January 15, 2016
Government agencies are far behind on mobile; IT leaders are looking towards the mobile future; Load testing will be big in 2016; Apple may answer some questions this year; One-size fits all doesn’t fit anymore
- Government agencies may not be known for their speed in adapting new technologies, but they have struggled more than usual with mobile. In fact, 6 out of 15 government websites are not mobile friendly, alienating many mobile-first users.
- Who else should be prepared for mobile-everything? IT leaders! IT teams must move quickly to provide enterprise app updates, implement DevOps for development efficiency, and be extra innovative to attract and keep users.
- Will 2016 finally be the year developers learn that complete performance testing is a must for mobile apps? The signs (and the high user expectations) are pointing to yes.
- With the dawn of another year, the countdown begins once again for Apple’s annual announcement. So what’s coming up in 2016? The iPhone 7 and new iOS updates are all but confirmed, while you may have to wait a while for Project Titan.
- You really can have it all. With cross-platform developing tools making it easy to create a great UX across all devices and operating systems, the days of designing one-size fits all apps are over.