Keynote Mobile Testing Offers Day One Support for Apple iOS 9
Developers and Testers Can Ensure Optimal Performance on New Apple OS and Devices with Cloud-Based Testing and Monitoring Solution
SAN MATEO — SEPTEMBER 16, 2015 — Keynote, now part of Dynatrace, the industry’s leading Digital Performance company, today announced Keynote Mobile Testing support for the newly available Apple iOS 9. Starting today, developers and quality assurance (QA) teams can test mobile websites and applications on Apple iOS 9 devices contained within the Keynote DeviceAnywhere Cloud. Support will include the recently announced Apple iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Pro after they are generally available.
The proliferation of mobile device usage coupled with the growing importance of the customer experience has made the need to ensure mobile quality a competitive requirement. With day one support for iOS 9, Keynote’s mobile testing cloud will allow app developers to deliver a positive first interaction and capitalize on new iOS 9 features with confidence.
Within one week of iOS 8 availability, over one-third of users updated their OS, and 50 percent11. Mixpanel “iOS Adoption” updated within one month. To ensure existing applications continue to run without interruption for the millions of users who will transition to the latest OS, Keynote provides day one iOS 9 testing capabilities, allowing developers and QA engineers to test apps on both the new operating system and new devices.
For Apple iOS 9, Keynote Mobile Testing will support:
- A wide range of compatible devices including the Apple iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus; second, third and fourth generation iPads; and the iPad Air as well as the iPad mini and iPad Pro; all running iOS 9.
- Testing intelligent search features including “a more advanced Siri” with enhanced voice control and intelligent suggestions.
- Multitasking that enables apps to function in split screen view mode.
- New interface testing across devices to ensure consistency and a positive user experience.
- Testing and interacting with new and updated Apple apps such as Apple News, Notes, Maps and Wallet.
- Best practices for early and ongoing testing and monitoring of iOS 9 apps, including how to build automated functional testing into the build cycle.
“Today’s consumers expect seamless functionality from apps they use, and with so many options available to them, the pressure to deliver performance has never been higher,” said Howard Wilson, general manager, Keynote. “As developers work to update applications and bring entirely new capabilities to market for the latest Apple devices, they can rely on Keynote Mobile Testing to ensure that performance will not be compromised.”
Keynote Mobile Testing features the largest library of real mobile devices available anywhere for developers and QA to test the performance of mobile websites or applications on a variety of mobile operating systems.
Learn more about Keynote Mobile Testing.
About Keynote Mobile Testing, a business within Dynatrace
Dynatrace is the innovator behind the industry’s premier Digital Performance Platform, making real-time information about digital performance visible and actionable for everyone across business and IT. We help customers of all sizes see their applications and digital channels through the lens of their end users. More than 7,500 organizations use these insights to master complexity, gain operational agility and grow revenue by delivering amazing customer experiences.
Follow Dynatrace on: